Shakshuka is a traditional North African and Middle Eastern breakfast dish. Today we're adding an extra kick to this recipe with our West African Pepper Sauce!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 3-5 large eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- West African Pepper Sauce
- Avocado, sliced, as topping
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled, for garnish (optional)
- Pita or sliced bread (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and cook until onion becomes translucent
- Add garlic, cumin, and paprika. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes (until fragrant)
- Add tomatoes. Add the West African Pepper sauce. Stir and let the mixture come to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Use a spoon to make wells in the sauce and crack eggs into each well
- Cover the pan and cook until eggs are done to your liking.
- Turn off heat, top with avocado, and garnish with cilantro, parsley, and feta cheese (if desired)
- Serve with pita or sliced bread if desired and enjoy!