Looking for a delicious yet healthy meal packed with protein? These Spicy Stuffed Peppers will leave your taste buds dancing and your body filled with energy.
|Prep time: 15 Min||
Total Time: 55 min
- 4 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1lb ground textured vegetable protein (eg ground cauliflower or tofu)
- 1 cup It's Souper™ West African Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4cup vegan mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each bell pepper to remove top of pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse peppers. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so they stand up straight. In 4-quart Dutch oven, add enough water to cover peppers. Heat to boiling; add peppers. Cook about 2 minutes; drain.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onions then add in ground cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is brown.
- Stir in rice, salt, garlic and cup of It's Souper West African Pepper Sauce
- Stuff Peppers with mixture. Stand peppers upright in ungreased 8- inch square glass baking dish. Pour excess West African Pepper Sauce over peppers.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an extra 15 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with cheese.