Zucchini Noodles or Zoodles are an amazing alternative for low carb options to pasta and are simply zucchini that has been spiralized and cooked. You can make Zoodles very easily at home or purchase from the salad aisle of the grocery store. I really love the detail provided on how to make Zucchini Noodles at home here, which we have summarized below.
How to Make Zucchini Noodles with A Spiralizer
The process for how to make zucchini noodles with a spiralizer is very easy:
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini and hold it horizontally.
- Secure the countertop spiralizer on the counter using the suction cup(s) on the bottom.
- Insert the zucchini. Skewer one end onto the side of the spiralizer that has the handle, then poke the other end into the side that has the blade.
- Crank the handle repeatedly, continuously pushing the zucchini toward the blade and watch the zoodles come out the other side.
You can purchase a spiralizer here. Practically any vegetable can be spiralized and used for the this recipe.
Moroccan Chickpea and Chicken Soup with Zucchini Noodles
Zoodles go well with any type of sauce and here we have paired it with our Moroccan Chickpea and Chicken Stew.
- 1 500 ML bag of Moroccan Chickpea and Chicken Stew
- 6 zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 clove garlic, minced (Optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Pour a 500 ML bag of Moroccan Chickpea and Chicken Stew into a pot and warm it up on low heat.
- Once the stew is warming up, cut the zucchini into thin, noodle-like strips and toss with 2 teaspoons of salt, and place in a strainer you can place a fresh paper towel to soak up all the moisture.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add zucchini; cook for one minute. Drain; rinse immediately with cold water to stop cooking.
- Heat margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add zucchini and garlic; cook and stir until just tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the zoodles into a serving dish and pour the stew over it.
I served mine with some naan bread because I still wanted some carbs for a more filing meal.